Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Random Thoughts

I'm pretty sure a monkey could cash in more SNG's then I have lately. No check that, I KNOW a monkey could cash in more. If you don't count the SNG that I was in with 6 left when FTP crashed as a cash, I am 0-10. That includes NLHE, PLO, PLO8, OM8. This is just absurd. The snippet goes like this. On the bubble of the first I'm shorty and push in the SB with K10d, BB wakes up with 77 and calls. I flop a diamond draw with 2 overs to the 7's and can't improve. The next scenario, I push from the button strangely enough with K10d with 6 left for about 1000 (blinds 100-200). BB calls off his entire stack with QJos and proceeds to hit the jack on the river. I only hope that this bad luck will translate into good luck when I hit up my step 4 on PokerStars.


6 Max PLO. Is my savior right now. I'm getting more and more comfortable playing post flop. Learning that 6 max is not as much a game of the nuts like full ring. Most importantly exploiting tards who can't fold big pairs who feel the need to pot bet everytime. Sample size for this is still small but I'm waiting patiently for Poker Tracker 3 to be finalized so I can use it for PLO. I'm too cheap to buy 2 and then have to upgrade to 3, sue me.



I don't know how I feel about being Snuffy's lucky rabbit's foot. I have to imagine that if he wins a WSOP ME seat by making me* rail every fuckin step he plays there's something good in it for me. I mean really if you don't look out for number 1 who will right**?



The title of this post made me think of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey from the early 90's SNL. Which made me remember one of my favorites, so I leave you with that.

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is
"God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."




*he hasn't made me do anything but I don't put it past him

**I'm only joking here, kinda, sorta, maybe he'd at least by me a coffee in Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment