Wednesday, April 15, 2009

O' How I Miss Thee

Via Pokernews, Pokerroom.com has ceased business as of yesterday. Not the most useful information these days since they no longer allowed Americans to play for a quite some time.

My online started with Pokerroom. When I started I played the play money tables and the freerolls. In back to back Sundays back around 2002 or 2003 (can't remember exactly) I final tabled their Sunday freeroll twice in consecutive weeks. From both of those events I collected a total of around $60. That was the genesis of my online bankroll. Unfortunately I am no Annette15 and never reloaded again, far from it.

I used that money and started playing the $5 sit-n-gos. These were golden. In talking to Zooks today she remembers how good these things were as well. I took that money and ended up playing in a couple of WSOP satellites back in 2003 or 2004 (still not sure what year, leaning towards 2003). One satellite was $50 and the other was $20. Both paid only one spot, winner take all. I final tabled one of them but busted around 6th with top top. Interestingly enough that was the first time I broke a pair of headphones. The first in a long line of busted items.

I still don't know how I managed to final table that one. I knew about 5% of what I know now. I never knew the concept of bluffing back then. Didn't know about rakeback. Didn't know about Party Poker. Pokerroom was my Party Poker, my cash cow.

RIP Pokerroom, I will miss thee.

1 comment:

  1. I learned to play on poker room as well. I only played play money, and I had 6 accounts due to them only reloading play money 3 times a day. Ended my run with 1.5 million in play money.

    -loser

    ReplyDelete