Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More Odds and Ends

Great news courtesy of Al Cant Hang's Blog, the BBT4 is coming soon. Can't wait for that. I was fortunate make it to the TOC last year and final table that event.

The Corporation Heads-Up Tour will be back in full swing beginning next week. For the near future I am going to keep it NLHE.

Just a couple of days to get your bets in against me. As of right now I only have $35 of my own money put up. Maybe I should take it as a compliment that you have confidence in me.

As far as some actual play my hope was to go to Running Aces tonight in Minneapolis to play some live poker. Since my ride is too much of a pussy (read: deadmoney5) to drive when there is 2" of snow on the ground, no live poker for me.

I wanted to play a $109 satellite to get into a $530 mega but I could not register with my ticket. I e-mailed Stars to see what was up and they responded back about two hours later and said they exchanged the ticket for $109 T$. Woot! I used some of the money to play a step 1, fail. Then I used a step 2 ticket I had, fail. I then played 3 $2.75 hyper turbos into a $11 tourney. You get 500 chips to start, 25/50/10 blinds and 3 minute levels, fail fail fail. Fuck Poker Stars.

I logged on to Full Tilt and they had a $15 token frenzy about to start. They were giving away 27 $75 tokens with 28th getting the extra cash. I was able to get an early double then went for a big stack by playing QJcc and failing. I was able to double right away and then hang on for a while. When we were down to around 42 people I was able to get a big double with AA and was sitting in 8th, plenty to fold into the token, so I thought. Here is what happened at the end:


That's what you call cutting it close.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - I made it to Treasure Island tonight and even played some 2/4 LHE. A little slow tonight, but I did turn a profit. I'll be here tomorrow night too if you find a ride that's not quite as big a baby ;-)

    ReplyDelete