Friday, December 19, 2008

I Did It !!!

I was finally able to qualify for the WBCOOP on my 4th try. I had to go to my son's day dare for a "Holiday Party" about 75 minutes in so I was going to gamboool. And yes they have to call it a holiday party as not to offend anyone. So why is it before they eat they make the kids pray? Fuckers.

I was able to get an early double when I called a raise with 10,9. Flop comes 9,7,4 and I put in a check raise of meanhappyguy's cbet. He had to call with the hammer and did not improve. The very next hand I pick up J,J. A now shortstacked meanhappyguy shoves 390, next to act min-raises and I 4-bet shove. Menahappyguy has A,K and he gets the triple but I win the sizable sidepot against A,10 and I am sitting on 7600 20 minutes in. Nothing terribly interesting happens the rest of the hour and I go into the first break with 9k in chips. In hour two I held steady and towards the end in back-to back hands I was able to increase my stack to 20k. One hand I had something and in the other I was able to use my stack to get a medium stack to fold.

Hour three did not go as well as the first two. I lost half of my stack when AQ lost to AJ when he turned broadway and I was in check call mode on the turn and river. The very next hand I play A7dd and limp. Late position raises and I call. Flop comes with an ace and I call a cbet. I check the turn and he checks back. The river brings a 4flush which I dont have and it gets checked. He has the 88 with the flush. For the rest of the level I was pretty much in lockdown mode looking to get a seat. The only hands I played were 1010 and JJ where I busted short stacks. At the end of the third hour I had 8100 when the bubble burst.

Shortly into the fourth hour and after the bubble I was able to get two doubles in a span of six hands and had the stack up to 23k again and very healthy. Shortly after that with the blinds at 1k/2k/250 I shipped 20k from EP with AQ and was called by the chip leaders KK and I did not improve and was out in 48th.


Thursday night was also the Main Event for AIPS. It was a $26 token double stack HORSE event. On the very first hand of the night I had K,Q and raised. I was 3-bet and called. Flop comes K,Q,x and I lead. I was then raised and I put in the 3-bet. He ended up calling me on the turn and river and his A,K no goot. I was able to accumulate chips throughout the first hour and was sitting on around 5k.

In the second hour I was able to add more chips especially in the stud rotation. I made 2 flushes and a straight to take a few big pots. From then on I was in good shape. I would hover around 10k, lose a pot and drop to 7k, but then immediately get it back. When we were down to two tables and on the money bubble (15 paid) I was able to abuse it a bit. I was the biggest stack at the table and raised almost every O8 hand and added to my table chip lead. Blazman ended up bubbling on the other table and we were in the money.

Headed to the final table I believe I was 3rd in chips. We lost the two short stacks fairly quickly. That's when the FTP doomswitch was kicked on for me. Playing stud I hit two pair on 5th and boated up on 6th. At the same time my opponent hit trip aces and it all went in. He hit the higher boat on the river to take nearly half my stack. A couple hands later I had (Q,Q)2 and ended up being against (AA)6. On 5th I hit two pair when he hit an A and I called down. That left me with less than one BB and I was eliminated shortly after that in 6th for a little over $100.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet sassy molassey. Congrats, and congrats!

    ReplyDelete