Thursday, December 18, 2008

3/3

As most of you know PokerStars is running the World Blogger Championship Of Online Poker. It's a freeroll for those you have blogs and, you know, actually write on them. The best part is: It's a Freeroll!

Us poker playas loves us some freeroll. Check out these prizes!


From ScreenshotA

That's just for the qualifiers! Check out the Final Event prizes:


From ScreenshotA

Now that's one loaded freeroll!

My goal was to win as many seats as I could to reduce the competition for the Final Event. So far I'm 3/3 baby! I won my seat the first time out. I managed to score a Step 2 ticket from next event. Last night I wanted a Step 3 or better. I'm may play today's event. I was up very late last night and have to bowl this morning but I'm hoping to catch a second wind by the time the tournament starts.

With the help of predator06 - the well known PLO8 player - and rail from Snuffy, nzgreen, OhCaptain and others, AND some friendly rivalry with macanthony I squeaked into 9th place last night, er this morning, for the Sunday Majors Gold Package consisting of 2 $215 tickets. Well squeaked isn't quite accurate. I was firmly in the middle of the pack when we hit the final table. It had become quite apparent that PokerStar really didn't want me to scoop a pot. I would get it all in - not an easy feat in pot limit - and be waaaaaay ahead on the flop only to lose half the pot by the river. One player even commented that I was always good for a chop. Sigh.

My bust out hand was remarkable for the fact that I couldn't even take down half the pot after outflopping both of my foes. NH. GG. IGHN



And on that note I'm off to bowling!

4 comments:

  1. luckbox..... :-)

    It's goot to run goot. I ended up shoving 18K of chips into MacAnthony drawing practically dead :-(

    keep it going....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one zooks. I'm pleased you made it to the FT. Sorry I wasn't around to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! It was fun. Wish I could stayed to the end for you but alas, total exhaustion caught up to me.

    ReplyDelete