Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 2 - Everywhere

Yesterday didn't start till after Noon but it had plenty of play in. I started off playing 2/4 at Binions. I ended up dropping $80 in about an hour. The ultimate cooler (if there is such a thing in 2/4) got the last of my remaining chips. I had KsKc in a 3-way capped pot pre-flop. 632ss flop and 3 bets went it. 4s turn and only one bet in. River 4 and I got the last of my $9 in still three ways. The hands I saw were AsAc and QsQc. Nice one there. Everyone had a flush draw to go with their big pair come the turn.

In the epic mistake of the week so far I decided to play in the $110 tourney at Binions. I signed-up 10 minutes into the tourney. Standard 20 minute levels and 5k in chips. I didn't make the first break. The last hand I flopped top 2 and was trying to trap the lagtard at the table. Unfortunately the other player in the hand flushed on the river and I was out.

After Blaz busted out of the tournament (before the first break as well) we walked across the street to Golden Nugget, or as Blaz calls it in his twitter, the Golden Palace. I played in their 1/2 game while Blaz played their tournament. Nothing really exciting happened in the game. I was down about $100 when I lost the last of my chips. I raised to $12 with A,K and got 2 callers. Flop comes A,Q,9. It's checked to me and I lead for $25 into the pot leaving me committed with only around $50 behind. The blind shoves for roughly the same stack as me. I call and he had the A,9. I don't improve and I am down another $200 on the day. When Blaz busted out of the tourney we had some fun playing 2/4. After about an hour or two I got up with a whopper of a $5 profit. There was one cowboy in the game. He had the unfortunate luck of trying to look Blaz and myself up a few times. Every time he did we happened to not be full of shit that time.

After that we went to the MGM to meet-up with the bloggers to play some 3/6 HORSE. We ended up getting on the 3rd table that they opened. On my table were Blaz, Yestbay, on_thg, columbo, the guy who is getting married tomorrow (forgot his name) and later on by F-Train. A fun time was had by all. Our table eventually closer after about 5 hours and I ended up losing around $95. Standard hand for me was in the first rotation of Razz I was dealt (K,K)K.

After the mixed games I really wanted to play some more so we drove over to the Hard Rock. Very nice room. Definitely one of the better ones opened in recent memory. I sat at a 1/2 table with Blaz. I ended up losing my first $200 when I flopped bottom two on a K,8,7dd board and ran into K,8. Reload. The second $200 went much better. There were probably about 3-4 easy spots at the table. Everyone else took turns taking their money. One guy dropped around $700. I didn't play one hand where I normally wood. Blaz raised to $15 and I folded the 5c4c. The nutjob who lost all of his money shipped around $200 on the river. I would have flopped the open ender and turned the straight when the A came. Would have been an east double there. After playing till 3:30 or so we took off. I had around $340 in front of me good for a $60 loss.

Not the greatest day ever but Blaz had fun when we got back to the hotel and there wasn't a rollaway in the room as requested. A phone call, a trip to the front desk and a room change later I was able to fall asleep at 4:15. Working on 3 hours sleep right now. Gonna have to take a nap before the blogger donkament at 3p today at the Venetian.

No comments:

Post a Comment