Thursday, December 18, 2008

0/3

OK its time to steal Zook's thunder. Sure she can go 3/3 in the blogaments but I think its more impressive to go 0/3 like I have. The closest I have been is about 30 short of a seat in the Monday PLO event. I wasn't at the optimal level of concentration as I started it at the at the airport waiting for my mom and dad to fly in. At the first break I was in good shape. During the second hour I was completely card dead and kept folding down to a micro-stack. I ended up shipping it in on the last hand before the second break with 10,10,x,x and I was called in two places. I ended up losing to A,K,7,7 when he flopped a set.

I can't remember anything from the Tuesday NLHE event. I think I made the first break but busted shortly after that. Wednesday and PLO8 was going pretty good till late in the second hour I flopped the nut low with straight draws and was counterfeited on the river and was scooped in a 3-way all-in pot. I was left with 900 and was bounced shortly after that.

The Bodonkey didn't go so well the last two nights for me. Tuesday I busted well short of the final table and last night I was doing fairly well with around 3300 in chips the first hour. I ended up shoving A,K over BuddyDank's raise and he called 2300 with A,Q. I lost and was down to 1000. The next two hands I had A,K again and shipped. The second time I was called and beat 8,8. I ended up busting in the second hour in a blind vs blind battle. The SB raised and I shoved over the top with A,7. He had A,K and I was bounced.

Last night I also played the Mookie. The deck was repeatedly hitting me early. I called a raise with 75cc. Flop comes 773 and I check called a cbet. Turn is a 9 and I check shipped and was called by JJ. My hand held and I was up near 6k early on. By the end of the first hour I had the stack hovering around 10k. The second hour was not nearly as good as the first and I steadily dropped chips when my 3-bets failed. I ended up folding one hand where I called a raise pre with Q,9. Flop came Q,7,4 and I put in a raise after a cbet and I was shoved on. I took the time bank and decided to fold. I ended up busting with two tables left.

The highlight of the night though was winning my first pushfest. One winning hand was J6 over QQ on the rivered two pair. I outlasted ScottMc FTW.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer on the 0 for 3. They talked me into playing last night on BDR, I finish 29th. I'm 1 for 1. Probably won't play another one either.

    You'll get your seat. You can't be hit by the deck at the beginning of every tournament you play, hopefully next time you will be hit by the deck at the end ;-)

    ReplyDelete