Friday, December 12, 2008

The Arrival

(Please excuse typos and grammar, its early)

My flight out of Tampa was at 2pm. I got an early boarding number and had a aisle seat on Southwest. A mother and grandmother with two twin 1 1/2 year olds ended up occupying the seats behind me. There was occasional kicking of the seat but you know what, it didn't bother me one pit. See what having a little one of your own does to you? I touched down at 5pm Vegas time, got my bag and Blaz was there to pick me up. After checking in we walked over to Caeasars to get some grub. The BBQ place in the food court is always good. Had the pulled pork plate gratis. Thank you Total Rewards.

We walked over to the IP to look for some 1/2. No luck. They had exactly one 2/4 limit game going. O'Shea's had nothing going either so we walked to the Flamingo. They had three 2/4 limit games going and two 1/2 NL games. There was a list of six people for the 1/2 game so we took a seat in the 2/4 game. We ended up playing for around two hours. I won $27. Only real hand of note was the first one. I am in the SB and Blaz raises it up in MP. About 15 callers so I just call with the AQss. Flop come QQ3 and I check call Blaz's bet. I throw in a check raise on the turn and Blaz is the only caller. I fire dark before the river and he folds.

We walked through the Bellagio to see if they were running satellites for the mega and the were, $350 two winner satellites. That might be an option for Friday depending on how I run. We then decided to walk over to Planet Ho for some 1/2. They had three tables going and I took the one available seat. I bought in for $200.

The table didn't have a ton of money on it and it looked to be a fairly tight table. On the second hand I had 9,9 from the BB and called a $12 raise from the button. Heads-up the flop comes Q,Q,4 and I check called a $15 bet. Turn is a 7 and I check raise his $15 bet to $45. He tanks and eventually folds. Good start. One other interesting hand on the night I limped with 74hh from the cutoff and saw we saw the flop 6-ways. Flop comes K,9,5 with one heart. Its checked to me so I bet out $8 since it looks like nobody is interested in the pot. I get 3 callers, oops. Turn is a 3 and it gets checked around to me and I check. River is a 6, ding ding. One player leads for $15 and I min-raise him to $30. When he calls he said two pair huh and I get to show the straight.

Not long after that hand Blaz was ready to call it a night. He was on another table. I said one more lap and I'm ready to go. I added up what I had and I was showing a $105 profit. Good round number, I will call it a night as well.

So a good first day overall. Always a plus to start a trip this way. Probably won't play till this afternoon after we check into Binions. I stayed in Bally's the first night. I was able to get $50 rate. I am very impressed with this hotel actually. I didn't expect much but the room is big and very nice.

Gamblers General Store trip today as well.

You can always follow me on Twitter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment