Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Live poker anyone?

For the last month or so I think someone has flipped my FTP doomswitch. I just can't seem to get any traction in any game I chose to play. If you couple this with the fact that over the last three weeks my poker time has been quiet limited ( I don't think I've played more the 12 hours which as the wife can attest to isn't very much), it doesn't make for the greatest state of mind. I usually like to play my way out of my slumps but that's not really an option right now. Until Mr. frantic eating random screaming child get's his schedule down (which is getting very close actually) I want to be able to keep the wonderful wife that is allowing me to go to vegas as happy as possible which means taking sed screaming child when her nerves look like they may explode.

In adding these factors together it makes me go from 0 to monkey tilt in 3.8 seconds every time I play. Which means I'm not having fun. Which means I make bad decisions. Then the inevitable bad beat happens. Which leads to more monkey tilt.

What does this mean? It means that I have very little desire to play before Vegas. I will try to play PS Tour on Sunday and Chimps next Tuesday. Maybe the donkament on Friday since I tend to do well there but I think that's about it. I'm looking forward to playing live (it's been longer then my normal stretch between AC trips for obvious reasons) and the thought of the Vegas poker bender makes online even less fun. All that being said, I'll probably still post more the Zooks. Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment