Sunday, November 23, 2008

PLO Hand

Ok, it's been a while since I've played PLO.  I did some practice cash game before this MTT fired up.  This is the 6th hand of the tournament, probably the second hand I had raised.  I really didn't like the check raise on the flop but I did think I had outs.  When the turn hit I wasn't going to go anywhere.  The river just happened to be nice for my hand.


Click here to view a larger version.

Turns out the other guy was none other than Brian Devonshire.  Granted this is only a $5 Poker Road League tournament so I'm sure it meant nothing to him.  I was really to see his hand revealed at the end.

How badly did I play this?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I understand his turn bet. That turn card means (from his POV) he's up over 20 outs to win -- and after Zooks checked, pushing ain't so bad there.

    I dunno, Zooks. I might've been scared off by his pot-sized flop raise. I hate playing aces out of position, esp. after essentially missing that flop. Even though I know I'm probably fighting vs. a draw there, I might've just let it go after he raises on the flop. Certainly would've folded to his turn bet, I think, as I'd be thinking I'm surely behind by then.

    ReplyDelete