Sunday, November 30, 2008

60 Minutes

OK, I guess I shouldn't have been expecting steak but I was.  Imagine my horror when I was served a hotdog.  A very pretty hot dog but not at all satisfying when I was expecting steak.

You have a preconception when 60 Minutes covers a topic.  You expect to be informed with facts.  Plenty of facts.  Numerous, substantiated facts.  Not only did they claim that online poker was illegal in the United States - which is blantantly wrong - they seemed to only skim the surface of online poker while painting the entire industry with the UB/AP dirty brush. 

I still hold out hope that the new administration will make an effort to not only repeal the UIGEA but to take steps toward taxing, legalizing and regulating online gaming.  I won't hold my breath but I will keep my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I got done and wonder what the heck that was. I kept hearing the "is illegal in the United States" thing and giggling. And wondering where all the facts were. That was about the most fact free expose I've ever watched. I didn't know what to make of it.

    ReplyDelete