Friday, November 14, 2008

The Perfect Storm

Or how not to play online poker for over a month. OK, so I'm not dead. I have not fled the country. I'm not in a gimp box at the bottom of a pawn shop. I promise. Mostly. So here's what the hell happened. There's nothing earth shattering here just a series of events that conspired to make me play zero online poker or really care about playing it at all.

Problem 1: Right before Snuffy flew in the first weekend in October to hit up AC, I took a ball smashing at the virtual felt. Probably the biggest downswing I've had all year. So I was looking forward to playing live, it was fun, I played decent. Note to Snuffy: The trip report is long gone. I suck. Hire better writers next time. Problem 2: Right before that MrsSnarf started back to work full time hence putting the child in daycare. Sed child who was sleeping through the night decided it was time to get up every 2-2.5 hours once Mom and Dad both had to work. Problem 3: My baseball team was starting a run into the post season. I have watched so many piece of shit Phillies teams over the years that I relish evey postseason game. Watching Wayne Gomes, Travis Lee, Bruce Chen, Kevin Cefcik, and every other piece of crap you can think of, makes you appreciate playoff runs more then you can possibly understand. Now you couple the fact that these games didn't finish til after midnight with Problem 2 and my ass was dragging. Problem 4: Work blew up. Without going into the gory details of my ever exciting computer programming job, we basically had an outside vendor in with the hardware we had to interface with. They were here for 2 weeks, which meant 2 weeks of almost 50 hours on top of Problem 2 and Problem 3.

So after all that to say online poker was the last thing on my mind may be the understatement of the century. My Wii traveled to the shore with us Labor Day weekend, it didn't get plugged back in until last Friday. I finally got to play CHIMPO-CORPO-POKER Series on Tuesday and I think I'm going to start playing more now. Here's my latest delimma. I don't know what I want to play. I need to rebuild the roll a little bit but the thought of grinding out cash game wins is about as unappealing as changing shit filled diapers. If I just stick to blogger mtts, my roll will continue to disappear. Maybe it's time to get back in the SNG swing. Not sure. Maybe I just need a good cash game session under my belt to feel better. We'll see, but hopefully you will be seeing me back at the virtual felt. Probably not nearly as much as I used to be, but that's OK with me at this point.

Oh yeah, and I didn't watch a single second of WSOP coverage on ESPN. Not one episode. But that's another post for another day.

1 comment: