Sunday, November 30, 2008

Doubles, Doubles, Toils and Troubles

Figured I would throw a double or nothing update in here since I haven't said anything in a while. Since the beginning I have played a total of 92 of them. My roll is slowly grinding up and I refuse to play anything else on Stars to screw that up. I still have about $65 to go before I move up to the $10 ones. In around 80 FPP's I am clearing a $40 bonus so that should help.

This weekend I tried 6 tabling to see how difficult it would be for the challenge in January. In the beginning at 10 handed tables it was fairly easy. I could keep up with my hands and generally know what to do before action came to me. Later on when you have to keep track of push/fold ranges and your standing in each one is when I was exponentially more difficult. My eyes were really stressing late. I ended up going 4-2 in that stretch so that could be a good sign. After that many at once I need to take a small break and let the eyes rest. I had all of the tables tiled when I did it. Maybe next time I need to try and cascade them and see what happens.

I have a good idea for a table mod but I doubt it could be done. When you have all of the tiles tables you can click fold when it gets to you already. If action comes on a table and you haven't selected an action I wish the table could expand to the front, make your action, then tile back so you can see all of them. Anyone know if this has been done before? IT people start working on that for me.

Here is a graph of my progress so far. (click to enlarge)

3 comments:

  1. I'm busy on the DoNs as well, pot limit Omaha of course. I've done different buy-ins, am a bit on the up, winning 17 out of 27.
    I love your posts on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your success so far. If you can you should try to bump up the amount of tables you play at once. You will see a nice hourly if you can play more.

    I understand how difficult it can be to play with the tables tiled. I like having the tables opened all the way (I generally play 20 at a time). It's easier to see mine and my opponents' chip amounts. There are also some nice AHK scripts that make multitabling easier.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill,

    Do you ever have any issues with timing out at all? If it does time out will it cascade to the front for you or do you have to search to see u are not sitting out on any of them?

    ReplyDelete