Friday, November 21, 2008

I guess I remember something

Last night at about 5 to 9, I logged on to Facebook and saw someone's status remark something about an AIPS event. Well I had nothing to do and I seem to remember liking to play poker, so I played. I think all in all there were 77 runners after the late registration. Started fairly slow in this one.

Not much going early, the I saw a cheap flop in the SB with 47h. I think blinds were 30/60 at this point. Flop came KQJ all hearts. There were four people in, so I checked figuring someone hit a piece and would try and take it. Sure enough BB bets, fold, button calls, and I repop to a little more then 3x the original raise. BB smooth calls and then the button shoves. I saw him do this on a few other flush boards, so I closed my eyes and called, BB got out of the way. Button had A10 with the 10h, flopped broadway with an OESFD. Not bad but I run goot. I immediately piss those chips away getting aggressive with AK on a missed flop with bad texture for a tight player. Fold, fold, fold. Chip up a little here and there. Eventually shove AJ UTG at a 6 handed table, blinds 300-600 I had about 5000 and the BB wakes up with QQ. However AJ is gold everytime and I win.

After that I did a nice job stealing and being agressive near the money bubble. I was able to chip up to over 20K around the bubble. Unfotunately even for a deepstack tourny, 2.5 hours in no one had much room to play with. We get near the final table bubble and I go completely card dead. My biggest mistake during this period was not being aggressive anough post flop against a player who was willing to call whenever he had chips in the pot. I left a few opportunities to take pots from him on the felt so to speak and it cost me. I ended up getting blinded off too much and shoved K10 into AA on the final table bubble. My run goot skillz had run out and I was done. Still not a bad effort for the first return in a long while. Pretty happy with the way I played, but definately see some areas that need work.

I think I will be in AC the night before Thanksgiving. Why drive when you can get a cheap room and get drinks for a buck in a 50 dollar tournament? I got an idea, maybe I'll write a trip report! Snuffy whaddya think? That is of course if I can remember anything that happens, cause well, poker is going to be the vehicle to drink, not the purpose of the evening. We'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

  1. Who are you?

    Sure, show up and post like you belong here or something.

    I thought we fired your ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time back in a while? I guess Tuesday didn't count then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing about Tuesday, I logged on to find it at about 8:50 and couldn't find a 5 dollar tounry. Figured there was none.

    I am so smart, S-M-R-T.

    ReplyDelete