Friday, November 28, 2008

Live Play

I was able to get out and play some live poker at the track again on Wednesday. I noticed an interest list for 50c/$1 on the board. Glad that they decided to do that. I saw Paboo when I first walked in and he said that it usually goes on Saturday night. First time I have seen Paboo in ages. I can imagine having a gaggle (sp) of kids will do that to you.

For playing a little over an hour I sure did pick up a lot of interesting hands. As usual I bought in for the full $100. I was down $20 early tyring to see some flops and then picked up QQ UTG. There was a raise coming from the table most of the hands so far so I went for a limp re-raise. Didn't work as 5 people called me. Flop comes J,7,4 rainbow and I lead for $10 and get one caller from the BB. The lone caller was a loose passive lady. In the couple trips around the table she would call all the way with who knows what. Turn was a another brick (maybe a 2?) and I bet out $25 after she checked and she called. River was a 10 and she checked, I checked back and my hand was good.

Next hand I played was A,9 off in MP. I played it badly against a short stack when I flopped an ace and check called. He shoved his $11 left on the turn and I called. He had the jack ace and I was no good. After that hand I bled a little and was down to $60 and I bought another $40 to get up to $100 again.

I picked-up the magical QQ again in MP and raised it to $11 and got the loose passive lady to call. Flop comes an all-under 2 spade board. I lead for $25 and she calls. The turn is the Ad and I ship for around $40 more and she turbo-mucks.

The hand I won the most on the day with was when an EP player raises to $5. About two hands before that he raised to $11 and got no callers as he showed the K,K. I was the only caller for the $5 with J,10 off. Flop come 10,10,5. I check called his $10 bet. The turn was a 7 and I checked. He lead for $10 again and I raised it to $30. He tanked for a minute and called. River was another 7. I lead out for $40. Now he starts talking. Do you have a 10, maybe a 7? I almost chimed in and said one of those but didn't, good thing. He made the crying call and after he saw my boat he flashed the A,A.

Only one other mildly interesting hand, I had J,J from the BB and after 4-5 limpers I raised it up to $15 and got 2 callers. Flop couldn't come much better with the A,A,J. I lead for a big bet of $45 here figuring anyone with an A is not going anywhere and I can get a good bit of someones stack in ahead. The other two folded and I took the pot. After about an hour and a half I got up with $205 in front of me good for a $65 profit.

Glad to see that not a lot has changed over there. I still recognized a bunch of players. When I first sat there were two seats open. I noticed the card protector of a tough player on the table when I first arrived. He was not around yet but that helped me pick my seat. A rarity for this place but when I left there were four tough players that I recognized at the table. I was more than happy to get up from the game and take the profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment