Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Boring Poker

Haven't been playing a ton lately but have been trying to grind out a little. Unfortunately someone has flipped my doom swtich at Full Tilt. I was doing fairly well at 25 NL got away from it a little to the fishing fields at 25PLO 6 max. This has killed me over the last 2 nights. I can't hit hand and when I do it doesn't hold up. Dems da breaks I guess. Case and point last night in 6 max PLO. The button had be potting every folded hand to him, he obliges again then the uber loose SB and I call. I flop top two on a FD board, I check to the button who is cbetting 100% nice. He again obliges and bets half pot, which is I take as a very weak lead. The SB of course calls, and I repot with top two. This is not usually I make but the spot was right and I really though I could take the pot down. The button folds and the SB calls, now I almost know this is a FD, so on the turn when an undercard blank comes and he shoves I am confident I still have the best hand. He had shit. He turned bottom pair, that's it, and the second nut flush draw.........and of course is rewarded on the river. In the meantime by bankroll takes a beating. But my monster roll on Stars is slowly growing. Slowly.



I'm sure there's a Snuffy post coming about the Corporation Poker Series starting tonight. So I'll let him do that. We're all waiting with baited breath. This weekend Snuffy makes trip to the north for some Atlantic City poker action. This should be interesting. I feel like my NLHE game is really coming around so I'm very interested to see how an extended AC session goes. Hopefully I'll have something good to report.


In the meantime, Go Phils! Let's win a game or 3 or 7 or 11 this year. If we lose to the Brewers I will be disappointed through the end of football season.

No comments:

Post a Comment