Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hi Taj, it's Snarf, We need to talk



It's been a good run Taj. You captivated me in Rounders. Always ran the only 5/10 limit game in town. But alas it is time to move on. Yes you've redone your room, got rid of all the horrendous purple colors in there, but it's not enough. I just need to do this for the both of us, really it's better this way. We can still be friends, I promise. I'll call really, I will.

Thursday night/Friday morning was my latest AC Trip (yes Snuffy I'm actully blogging this one, now stfu). Got down around 7:30, headed to a nice dinner, then over to the Taj for some cash games, then the midnight tourny. I was actually the one who pushed us in that direction since some were talking about the midnight tourny, I was interested in it, and if not they had the most games going, at least with any variety. See the problem with 90% of the poker rooms in AC (Taj, Borgata, and Tropicana excluded) is that you can find 1/2 NL and 2/4, that's it, that's the list. None of the three are relatively close to each other, so you must make your choice and go with it. The midnight tourny swayed us, so we went there. First disappointment, only limit games going with 2/4 and 3/6. I was really hoping to play some 5/10 then see how things went and whether to play the tourny. Strike 1. However the 5/10 O8 with a full kill game is going, so I put my name on that list and sit at 1/2 in the meantime. 1/2 was nothing of significance, really got no playable hands. Hand JJ against AA and probably lost the minimum, might have been able to get away on the river but what can you do. While sitting at a table NEXT TO THE FUCKING DESK, they call my name off the list and I never hear it. WTF, I'm right there? I kept checking the damn thing to see if they called anyone on it. Strike 2. So I head over to the tourny after dusting off 90 bucks in 1/2 with nothing of significance happening, just missing and folding.

Here's where big strike 3 comes in. I used to tolerate this at the Taj because they had the game selection I liked and they used to (not any more) have the best tourny structure, so I reamined loyal. At the miodnight tourny I had the rotating seats of douchebags coming in. It was as bad as I have ever had at one table. Now I've played alot of live games in AC, tournys, cash whatever, but these guys just took the cake. Maybe that was the biggest problem, once one got knocked out the next one came to take his place. Note to poker players, if you have perfectly messy hair, sunglasses at a 65 dollar midnight tourny and won't shut the fuck up, YOU ARE A DOUCHEBAG. No one likes you and here's another thing, you're not that good. I might just be older and more crotchetty, but I was in a good mood Thursday night. I know from all my other experiences playing down there and in Vegas (a whole other animal) that I don't run into it with as much frequency as I do at the Taj.

So for now I'm on hiatus from the Taj. I need a break. If I want to play 1/2 NL I can play where ever I want, so there is no need to go there. Plus the Borgata games are always the juiciest in that category. The Trop now spreads 5/10, which has killed their 4/8 game but I'll over look that. Every now and then they get that pink chip game going too.

As for the rest of the tourny and the trip did a whole lotta nothing. Tourny was frustrating cause I got a ton of chips early and couldn't do squat with them. I showed AK, AA, KK in the first hour, sat on my ass for almost 3 levels, and still got called every raise. Not that I expected anything different but it still sucks. Cash game on Friday sucked too, made one mistake that cost me. One hand of note that I'll write up later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment