Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Absolute Poker and BBT Comments

A little while back nzgreen said that he was going to deposit a little bit of money on UB/Absolute to try their 10 steps to the WSOP. If you are one of the first few to start from step 1 and make it all the way to a Main Event Seat you also win an Aruba package. Although I hate the site for what they did to people I decided to drop $50 in and give it a go.

I started off at step 1 ($0.10+0.01) and played a total of 10 of them. I ended up winning 6 step 2 tickets. I played those and won 3 step 3 tickets. I flamed out at step 3 and had to decide what to do. I said screw it and bought in directly to the step 3's ($1+0.10). So far I have accumulated 2 step 4's (playing one right now actually). So far I have $6.60 invested. We shall see how far I can get.

One thing I really want to talk about is their bad beat jackpot. As of right now its at $667k. You need quad 8's or better beaten at one of their BBJ tables. Here is the kicker to all of it when. When I was looking into what a qualifying hand was I saw this:









You read that right. THEY FUCKING TAKE 10% OF THE BAD BEAT JACKPOT IN RAKE. What the fuck is that all about. Since they can no longer rip you off behind your back (or so you think) the rape you in broad daylight. This is just fucking terrible. People see the huge six figure BBJ and probably don't bother to look at the fine print. A quick search on 2+2 did not return any results so I posted something.

BBT4

Epic fail on my part so far. I have only earned points in one event. I did finish on THE points bubble for the Brit Blogger Game Sunday. Go me. I am going to scale back my play the rest of the way. No more Monday $26 events until May.

I was reading Smokkee's profile on Mookie's site today and saw the question he posed to the next winner:

Q: If you win your seat in the BBT4 TOC will you play the 2009 WSOP Main Event or will you take the money and run?

This would be such a tough question for me. Good thing I probably won't even make the TOC this year to have that problem, let alone winning it. If I did make it and win I'm not sure. I could really use that money to pay down some debt. I also would feel compelled to play because if I don't what is the incentive for FT to keep putting up seats if nobody is going to play them.

Tough call.

5 comments:

  1. its basically a freeroll to the WSOP ME which has one of the best tournament structures of any high buy-in MTT. if i win a seat in the TOC there's just about no way i'm not gonna play in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smokkee had a great question. Strangely enough, my wife would want me to play in the Main Event since she knows how great that would be for me. Me -- I would lean toward buying a different car for my 16-year-old daughter.

    Guess you can tell who in my family is the finance person that pays all the bills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO IM AN ABSOLUTE POKER PPLAYER! I HAVE BEEN FOR 4 YEARS,IVE HAD THE WORST RUN OF POKER EVER ONLINE AND BAD CARDS BEING DEALT OR BAD RUNS PERIOD,APART FROM THAT THEY HAVE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LIVE SUPPORT AND ARE WORKING IN CONJUNCTION WITH UB TO PUT EVERYTHING RIGHT AND IN WORKING ORDER,...I HAVE PLAYED SOME BIG EVENTS ON ABSOLUTE AND WOULD ALSO LIKE A WSOP SEAT BUT FINDING ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH,HOWEVER I WOULDNT TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN LIKE MOST PEOPLE ,I WOULD TAKE A SHOT AT VEGAS AND WINNING THE MAIN EVENT IN ALL ITS FABOULOUS GLORY...ITS A MUST PLAY THING THATS HAS TO BE EXPERIENCED I THINK BY EVERYONE ONE DAY IN THIER LIVES....GL ON ABSOLUTE EVERYONE REGARDS DOC31

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete