Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Can Win Playing Limit!!!

I played one last session this week in advance of by trip up to AC over the weekend. I decided just to play the cheap tournament. I busted out if it early after the first break. Nothing too exciting. My bustout hand was 2nd pair with an OESD and I lost to top pair.

Before the tourney I played 2/4 LHE for 20 minutes. My 10,9hh rivered a flush top two pair in the first couple of hands. Two hands later I get KK in the BB and its limped 5 ways to be. I raise in case I actually hit a hand and everyone calls of course. Flop comes 9 high and I lead and get two callers. I lead a brick turn with both calling. The river is checked around and my hand is good. About 5 hands after that I get JJ and 2bet. The button 3bets and I just know this is a monster based on how this game is played. 3 ways to the flop of 10 high and I check call. Heads up and I hit the set on the turn and put in a check raise and lead the river and crack A,A. A couple hands later it was tourney time and I had a profit of $60.

Aftetr the toruney I played some more 2/4 for about 45 minutes and collected another profit of $12. Cracked aces again in that one when my K4 sooooted flops trips and riveres a boat vs A,A and an all in K,Q on the turn.

All told I won $7 on the day. Woot!!!

I was reading the PokerRoad foruns and someone mention that they now have "Double or Nothing" sit-n-gos on Stars. 10 players and 5 win. That's it. I kinda like these. I played one so far and was down to 270 at the 10/20 level when my FD, gutter and one over didn't catch top pair on a 9 high flop. I only had to get one double-up when Q10>44 and from there I just chipped up and ended up in the top half for the win. These seem like heads-up SNG's but with less variance. Standard SNG strategy seems to be of even more importance.

Atlantic City this weekend. Like Snarf, I am really looking forward to getting an extended session in of 1/2 NL. If I run good I am going to play some 2/5 as well. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment