Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Heads-Up and Day 5 of the Challenge

Sunday night was the Pokerslut Tour heads-up event. I won this event the first time it was played last season. I remember building a lead in every match and never really getting my money in bad. Sunday was completely different. I think the last time I have played a heads-up match was three months ago during the championship match. Needless to say I didn't like my heads-up play coming into this one.

I ended up drawing one of the two people that I did not want to face in the first round, nzgreen (Blaz would have been the other). His style of play lends itself very well to heads-up play. He is aggressive and is also able to lay hands down at the right time. I had commented to Zooks before that if I had unlimited funds, he would be the first person I would stake in tournaments.

As expected I was down more than 2:1 early. I lost the majority of my chips when I flopped an OESD after calling a raise and having to call hefty bets on the flop and turn. Missing I was down to around 600. Shortly after that I 3-bet shoved with J,3 on and A,J,x flop. Nz had the A but I hit the booooom when a 3 hit the turn to stay alive. It was short lived as I ended up slowly bleeding again and lost at the 30/60 level which is the 5th level. At least I made the $5 last a little.

30 Day Challenge Update

I played a grand total of zero SNG's on Saturday and Sunday and only played 3 yesterday.

Day 3: 0-0
Day 4: 0-0
Day 5: 2-1
Overall: 12-5

Total P/L: $31.30 profit

No comments:

Post a Comment