Monday, June 7, 2010

Winner, Winner, Winner, Winner!

I donked out of the PokerSlut Tour rather early last night.  I trolled for something else to do and decided on a Rush Poker SNG.  It became clear that wasn't going to go so well so I spied a link in the chat box for a $1 WSOP ME event. 

Hmmm.  That doesn't sound too bad.

I clicked the buttons and was able to do late registration.  All the usual suspects where in Skype chat and before I knew it they had all registered for this with me.  I was still in the Rush SNG for a while so I wasn't able to see what exactly I had signed up for: a .25 + .05 satellite.

Turns out this was a SATELLITE to a $1 WSOP ME event.  Oh joy!  A donkament to a DONKAMENT!  What was I thinking?

After I figured out what was going on I realized this was a lot like the Token Frenzy tournaments I used to love.  I was really good at winning tokens and really bad at converting them to anything resembling cold hard cash. 
It was looking good for me after I doubled up the first hand with AJc v K6c.  It didn't take long before Snuffy, Blaz and Loser all had decent stacks as well.  It was looking a little iffy for Snuffy and I as the bubble approached but we managed to survive and earn our tickets into the $1 WSOP ME event this coming Sunday.

Will any of us actually play it?  Who knows.  But it sure was fun to donk it up with my friends.  It has been a long, long, time since we've played poker together that wasn't a PokerSlut Tour event.

No comments:

Post a Comment