Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ship The Nana or Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Zooks said that both of my title options suck so I will give both of them to you. I was finally able to win a Nana last night in AIPS Limit Holdament. LHE is certainly not the most exciting form of tournament poker. Tourney had 44 runners with 7 spots paid. The early game is not a whole lot of fun. I did have GapBand85 dust off his whole stack in less than 30 minutes. Pretty hard to do paying 10/20 and 15/30 with t2k to start. Not sure what was going on with him last night. At the first break I was all the way up to t3900 good for 2/43.

The first hit I took was about 15 minutes into hour 2 when I raised K10 off from the cutoff and barreled the whole way on a 7J3JA board and was called down by 66 in the BB. Over the next 15 minuted I folded all the way down to t1500 before I finally won a pot with AQ to get back to t3k. The big pot of hour 2 was when I called a 3bet from the CL with QQ in the cutoff and the short stacked button 4bet and CL called along with me. I call flop turn and river bets on a board of 74729 and am good. CL had JJ and short stack hand AK. That kicked me up to t7700. I was able to pull one more big pot before the 2nd break when I raised KJ UTG 7 handed and was 3bet from the BB. I call on a flop of JJ5 and raise the turn when I boat up. River brings a 3rd heart and betting is capped. BB had 32hh. At the end of hour 2 I have t16,330 and the chip lead with 14 left.

We ended up reaching the final table about 20 minutes into the third hour. Stacks looked like this:

Seat 1: ownthedream (3510 in chips)
Seat 2: BerniceQ (6255 in chips)
Seat 3: reraise1986 (6241 in chips)
Seat 4: pkt1078 (4659 in chips)
Seat 5: scottc25 (16730 in chips)
Seat 6: choker13 (9910 in chips)
Seat 7: McCordPoker (12779 in chips)
Seat 8: Sparky823 (17280 in chips)
Seat 9: PokerGeekMN (10636 in chips)

Still 9 handed at the final table I was able to take out both 9th and 8th on one shot to get us in the money:

(click through for replayer)


Pretty brutal little one outer on the river. I like to think of it as a 56% favorite pre-flop. When we were down to 5-handed this was the hand where I have no idea how PokerGeek loses the minimum on this one:

(click though for replayer)


I really should have won a boatload of chips on that hand. PokerGeek was absolutely pwning me at the final table. Every single significant pot I lost was to him. When I had it he folded, when I didn't he called down with ace high. I was really getting frustrated. When we reached 3-handed stacks looked like this:

Seat 5: scottc25 (18259 in chips)
Seat 7: McCordPoker (47497 in chips)
Seat 9: PokerGeekMN (22244 in chips)

We traded stacks quite a bit 3-handed. With blinds at 500/1k playing 1k/2k I was all the way down to t4700 when the comeback started. I doubled in back to back hands to get back up to t17k and was back in it. From there it was a steady succession of winning hands. PokerGeek turned down the aggression a bit and I was able to take down a ton of pots. When we reached heads-up I had a 57k to 30k chip lead and I would close it out soon after that. I won hands 8-12 heads up for 11k, 2k, 10k, 2k and the final hand:

(click through for replayer)



Overall I was really happy with my play. I was able to get a stack early that allowed me to take a couple of beats early in hour two. Ship the Nana and I will see you in the TOC!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Poker Bloggers Breakfast Jun 20.

    http://www.lightning36.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lightning36 - I plan on being there as long as I can wake up in time. I might opt for staying up. Pretty sure Zooks will be there as well.

    @nagreen - Agreed - 38 events 7 final tables and finally got it done. About time indeed.

    ReplyDelete