Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I hate AA

It's been a while since my last post. I had a shocking time of it in December and my bankroll took a massive dive, so I didn't want to vent here and thought it best if I not post at all. No one wants to read about bad beats - they're just a part of the game we all know and love (and sometimes hate).

I had a two week vacation holiday over the Xmas break and used this time to get away from the virtual felt as well. I did play in the PokerStars Guinness world record attempt. Busted out around the 12k mark well short of the money. I think they paid the top 8000.

I seem to be turning things around in the last few weeks. I've been taking baby steps - buying into smaller SNGs and MTTs and trying to satellite into tournaments I used to buy in to.

This afternoon I played The Mookie and didn't even last one orbit. I lost a small pot on the first hand in a blind vs blind confrontation and then picked up AA when I was UTG. I made a standard 3x raise which was 3bet to 270 by the CO. I was listening to Buddy Dank Radio at the time and Iron Maiden's The Number of the Beast was playing so I made it 666 to go. I normally wouldn't make a bet this small, but thought it would be amusing for anyone at my table who was listening also. I was chuckling to myself so too bad if they didn't. I shoved the 5 hi flop and got called by QQ. He spiked a queen on the river and I took Gigli honors honours.

Mookie got heads up with Lucko but ended up the bridesmaid. Lucko had a massive chip advantage to start, but Mookie managed a double to get even at one point. On the last hand Lucko rivered a straight to outrun Mookie's turned 2 pair, much to the rail's chagrin. Unlucky Mookie, I'm sure you'll nail one this year.

(It goes without saying that I don't really hate AA, but it makes me laugh every time I hear someone say it)

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was going to be a post about Alcoholic Anonymous. I'm bitterly disappointed.

    ReplyDelete