Saturday, January 29, 2011

AIPS Season Recap

Not too bad of a 2010-2011 season for me in AIPS this year.

  • 17 Events Played
  • 6 Final Tables
  • 5 Cashes
  • 2 First Losers
  • 1 Win

I ended up finishing in 4th place, my best overall placing in the four seasons I have played. This bests my 10th place finishes in the previous two seasons. The three people ahead of me played 23 of the 24 events. I don’t think I could have climbed any higher than 3rd though if I played more.

My cashes this year were in Stud, Limit Hold’em (the lone win), 2-7 Triple Draw, HORSE and the last event of the year, 8-Game Mixed. Notice a trend there? Zero No Limit Hold’em cashes.

The first career banana secured my spot in the $500 freeroll next week. Unfortunately I am going to be in Tunica, most likely playing the $550 event that day. Guess I will have to figure something out.

The last event of the year was a long one in 8-Game Mixed. We sat the final table of six three hours in. It took 90 minutes before I was eliminated in 4th and one other in 3rd on the same hand. I think everyone had the chip lead twice while four handed. I had built up a near 3:1 chip lead early at the final table but couldn’t hold it. Congrats to Heffmike for capturing his 4th career banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment