Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WPBT and Current Legislation

As I write this I am less that 24 hours away from hopping on a flight and making my way to Vegas for the WPBT festivities. I didn’t make it last year and I vowed to never do that again.

Reid Legislation

I have done a couple of articles on Rakeback the last few days, which can be seen here and here. Since the last article was posted it looks like the fate of PokerStars and Full Tilt has reverted back to version one and if passed they would be out for a significant amount of time (39 months). Now it looks as if no legislation will pass before year end, which may end up being a good thing.

If legislation pushes through I wouldn’t like seeing the 15 month blackout of online poker. I mean, I do make some money writing about it. What would really suck is to see Stars and Tilt not be available immediately after the blackout is lifted. You would think those sites would be able to grease the wheels with a little bit of extra cash. Isn’t that what Washington is after anyways? Agree to pay a $20 million fine or something like that.

Now the question to answer is what to do with my online money? I’m certainly not worried about not getting it back. I’m looking at how I can profit most before a possible blackout. I think my best shot is to start playing some steps. Try to get as many step 6’s (on Full Tilt) and step 5’s (on PokerStars) as I can. If the US players get shut out of the market they would have to give you cash value for them, right?

I guess it’s time to start grinding away at them. Even if nothing happens between now and the end of the year, the worst that could happen is me having a boatload of step tickets in the bank. That’s not all bad.

After all, I have been running good in the step 1 super turbos lately:

image095

No comments:

Post a Comment