Thursday, February 11, 2010

AIPS Recap

Edit: I apologize, stud recaps apparently are never meant to be done. Be warned.

Last night started a new season for AIPS. I have finished in the top 10 in the season standings the last two years but I am still looking for my first banana. Event #1 thus year was Stud. It's not my favorite game to play by any means but I always seem to fare well in Stud events. I guess I just suck a little less than the rest of the tourney donk crowd.

The structure was a good one, 2500 chips to start, 15 minute levels and starting at 25/50 so the first couple levels actually mean something. You can see people spew off 40% of their chips in the first level alone. There was 51 runners and the final table would be paid. My starting table looked as follows:

Seat 1: joelok (2500 in chips)
Seat 2: BigAl (2500 in chips)
Seat 4: glance302 (2500 in chips)
Seat 5: miccky j (2500 in chips)
Seat 6: scottc25 (2500 in chips)
Seat 7: McCordPoker (2500 in chips)
Seat 8: Poeben (2500 in chips)

I only recognized glance302 and Poeben from prior AIPS events with the rest complete unknowns. The first two levels was a slow climb and at the end of level 2 I was sitting on t3010 in chips. The first really big hand of the day came in level 3 against a short stack of t1200.

I started with (AA)K
10s completes
3c 2bets
I flat - probably a bad play, I need to get the 10s out and go heads-up.

4th street Me - (AA)K7
Villan - (xx)3J

Betting was capped on 4th street and the rest of his chips went all-in on 5th. He opened up (JJ)3J and I never improved and was left with t1625 after the hand. The rest of level 3 and level 4 I pretty much tread water and ended with t1845.

Level 5 I was able to chip up to t2830 by winning two pots. Fast forward to level 6 I lost a monsterpotten to rascony with kings up against aces up and I was crippled to t850. I was able to pick up a couple more pots to stay alive but anted down to t1215 at the end of level 7. Beginning level 8 I was able to double through PokerGeekMN on back to back hands.

Seat 2: scottc25 showed [Ac 2h Ah 3h 3c Kd 2d] and won (2750) with two pair, Aces and Threes
Seat 3: PokerGeekMN showed [Js 9s Tc Jd 9h 2c 5c] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Nines

Seat 2: scottc25 showed [Kd Ks Jd Qc 3s 5d 5s] and won (5820) with two pair, Kings and Fives
Seat 3: PokerGeekMN showed [8h 8d 4s 6s 9h 6h Ad] and lost with two pair, Eights and Sixes

After those two hands I was sitting on t5830 and a healthy stack.

Working down to the the final tables we hit a major hurdle at 14 people. I think we were sitting on that number for nearly 1/2 hour. In that time I bounced around quite a bit between 6th and 12th. Working out way to the final table I busted two players to give me a nice final table stack:

scottc25: shows [Jd 7d As Tc Ac 4d 6h] (a pair of Aces)
PokerGeekMN: shows [2c Qc 5c 8c 5s Js Ad] (a pair of Fives)

The last of PokerGeek's chips made it in on 6th street. Shortly after that I broke the double bubble of the cash and final table with the following:

scottc25: shows [6s Ad Ac 6c 6h 3h Kc] (a full house, Sixes full of Aces)
carbidexxx: shows [9d Ah Kh As 2h 8c 7c] (a pair of Aces)
scottc25 collected 23750 from pot

Starting the final table the stacks were as follows:

Seat 1: ru47suited (19920 in chips)
Seat 2: scottc25 (34910 in chips)
Seat 3: BigAl (26295 in chips)
Seat 4: zorag (11350 in chips)
Seat 6: jherky psych (16120 in chips)
Seat 7: drewfin03 (14285 in chips)
Seat 8: RiceF88 (4620 in chips)

There was only 7 people as someone busted on the other table right before I busted carbidexxx. I was able to hold on to the chip lead for quite a while until we reached 4 handed. Sitting 4 handed the other 3 opponents played a massive pot which busted one and crippled the other. I ended up taking out jherkey psych in 3rd.

(click to enlarge)
All of the chips were in on 3rd street. I actually had to hit on 7th after his runner runner runner boat when I held one of his 4's. Going into heads-up I was a 2-1 dog in chips.

Seat 1: ru47suited (83350 in chips)
Seat 2: scottc25 (44150 in chips)

I was able to flip the script once where i held the 2-1 lead. I had a run of about 8 bring-ins in a row and my opponent had and ace door card 4 or 5 of the times. I was chopped down to even stacks when I lost the big pot to chop one of my legs out:

scottc25: shows [Qh Jc Js Ks Td Tc 2d] (two pair, Jacks and Tens)
ru47suited: shows [8d 8c 5s 9c 8h Kc Th] (three of a kind, Eights)

After the hand I was down 5:1 in chips. I was able to hang on for another 20 hands or so before I busted in 2nd.

ru47suited: shows [4h As 3s Ts 6h Kd 9s] (high card Ace)
scottc25: shows [Jc Qc 6c 3c 2s 7d 8h] (high card Queen)

All of the chips were in on 3rd street. As it turns out any pair or crub would have got me a double. I guess the whistle didn't work that time. Congrats to ru47suited, another Floridian from Bradenton on the win.



No comments:

Post a Comment