Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Giggity Giggity




Nah, it's not as good as you think. Now that the Winter of Snuffy is over, I think other people are allowed to post. Actually I may not be allowed to post any more, but that's besides the point. At any rate, while I have not been playing alot, I have been starting to play more regularly. It seems some semblence of balanace is coming back to my life. Er, well, as much as I expect to get. I was running well maybe 3 weeks or so ago then hit the shits. Fairly badly too. Bad plays, bad beats, setup hands you all know the drills. Since enthralled in this quagmire of a slump, I have been trying to refocus a little.

Truth is that I have never truly recovered from the slump I hit in late September/early October. That one was the biggest ass kicking I've taken online to date. Sans the Phillies in the World Series to stop me from playing, my bankroll may have taken an even bigger kick to the balls. Ever since then, I've been trying figure out where and what I want to play. One thing I have come to realize is that I am not going to truly build my bankroll until I start to play more cash games. I desperately need to get better at these lower limits because there is still so much atroucious play. I think my biggest problem is getting bored with one thing or another (ring, sng, mtt). I think the best thing for me is to keep mixing it up, but more consistently play some ring every night. We'll see how that goes.

Fast forward to the last few days, I've had straight winning sessions at 25PLHE, cashed in BoatDrinks tourny last night, and won the Corp Poker last night. To be honest I don't think I played great in any of them. The cash wins have been mainly just getting hands to hold up and not getting myself in marginal situations (what a brilliant idea). Played well enough in the two tournies last night, fairly tight. Probably too tight in the HU, but it was a little challenging trying to multi-table shorthanded HA and HU NLHE. But in whatever sense I got the job done. Sometimes luck and few good breaks are all you need.

On a non-poker side note. Go read Tao of Poker today if you haven't yet. As someone on the younger side of the musical spectrum that grew up listening to all of my mother's music from the 50's and 60's, I can appreciate the influence that those men had. That being said, I had no idea it was 50 years ago yesterday.

1 comment: